Coping with Parkinson’s disease is difficult—more difficult for some than for others. Whatever the case, our Support Group facilitates:
- Getting comfort and encouragement from others facing similar problems and realizing we are not alone.
- Combating isolation and depression so often part of having Parkinson’s or of caring for one who has it.
- Getting and sharing timely accurate information about Parkinson’s.
- Educating ourselves about resources such as: Social Security, the Americans with Disabilities Act, public services, transportation options and other benefits.
- Promoting public awareness and education about Parkinson’s.