We have two meetings that occur every month, our regular monthly meeting and a peer support group meeting, and we’re exploring having a regular Ladies with PD meeting! Keep on reading for information on each meeting.
Our Regular Monthly Meetings
When: The second Saturday of each month but occasionally taking summer breaks announced beforehand in our newsletters and on this website.
Time: 10:00 a.m. to as late as Noon.
Location: Our meeting location is now at the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Service Center’s Fresno Headquarters
5340 N. Fresno St
Fresno, CA 93710
Our Regular Meeting Programs Include:
- Frequent presentations by medical experts and others with information helpful to our members.
- General discussions among our members of mutual problems, concerns, and ways of living better with Parkinson’s. We stress confidentiality at all sessions to encourage greater openness.
- Occasional “Breakout Sessions” for Care Partners to discuss among themselves issues in caring for a Person With Parkinson’s.
- When Care Partners meet separately, those with Parkinson’s talk about their own issues. There is also a breakout group for patients who live alone.
- Exercise is a vital part of optimal living with Parkinson’s disease. To encourage it and to prevent complications from sitting too long, we have a short break mid-meeting during which we do easy exercises while seated.
- We provide refreshments at our meetings, occasionally have potlucks, and encourage people to arrive early to meetings to get acquainted with one another and with the informational items available in our Lending Library to which we welcome donations.
- There are no fees or dues for attending our meetings; however, donations for meeting expenses are encouraged for those who can contribute.
Head on over to the 2017 Speakers page for more information on our upcoming speakers.
Our Peer Support Group Meetings
4th Wednesdays at 4:00 PM, at Somerford Place, 6075 N. Marks, Fresno 93711, 559-446-6226. Somerford Place has graciously opened their activity room for us to meet in a smaller group setting. The format is open for us to share our challenges and offer encouragement to each other.
Ladies with PD
Kathy Page has opened the doors of her studio for ladies with Parkinson’s to meet together for food and fellowship on the first Monday of each month. There is no charge, please bring easy to eat finger food to share. Plates, napkins, water, and coffee will be provided.
- Monday, November 6th at 11:30am-1pm
- Monday, December 4th at 11:30am-1pm
Studio 65 – Let’s Dance
2977 N Maroa Ave.
Fresno CA, 93704