To download our September/October 2015 Newsletter, click here.
Please note that Adobe Reader or another PDF reading program is required to read our newsletter.
Our next meetings are:
Sat. Sept. 12th, 2015
Sat. Oct. 10th, 2015
Sat. Nov. 14th, 2015
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Our New Location!
We now at the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Service Center’s Fresno HQ at 5340 N. Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93710.
For the full news stories summarized in our “Parkinson’s in the News” section, click the following links:
- 10 Lesser-Known Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms
- Parkinson’s Psychosis Drug One Step Closer to FDA Approval
- Noninvasive Deep Brain Stimulator Developed – Johns Hopkins University, Smithsonian Magazine
- Michael J. Fox Foundation’s webinars are every “Third Thursday.” Their next webinar topics have not been announced. The next webinar will be held on Sept. 17th and Oct. 15th at 9am. See the MJFF website for information on how to attend.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation has a full schedule of webinars for the next seven months that you can attend online or over the phone. Sep 15th at 10am they are covering “Nutrition and Parkinson’s Disease”. Nov. 10th at 10am their topic is “Cognitive Issues: Advice for Parkinson’s Care Partners”. See the PDF website for information on how to attend.
- The next scheduled National Parkinson’s Foundation Webinar is on Oct. 24th at 10am, “Cómo Navegar en el Mar del Párkinson” or “Navigating the Sea of Parkinson’s”. The webinar is going to cover information on how to advocate for your care inside and out of the hospital, using tools like the free Aware in Care kit. This webinar will be in Spanish. For more information, visit the NPF website.